I used Thursday as a buying opportunity. Typing that makes me feel so financially sophisticated. Don’t be fooled. I know just enough to be dangerous. More on that next week.
For now, here are some posts I found interesting from around the web.
- The Secret to Building Wealth Most People Ignore @ Frugal Dad. I can’t tell you how much I loved this post. And judging from the comments, lots of others did too. In fact, don’t neglect to read the comments on this post. There’s a really good discussion going on there.
- Rent and Save Money on College Textbooks @ Financial Success for Young Adults. This post was timely for us, as my daughter ordered her books for the fall semester this week. She ending up renting quite a few, which is a first for her. She also had a friend tell her about a textbook rental site this week. Seems this is becoming a real trend.
- 50 Simple Money Ideas @ One Cent at a Time. There is a lot of wisdom in these ideas. My favorite is #26: Family first, money second. (Note: English is not SB’s first, or even second language. He does a fabulous job expressing himself, but this fact may be helpful to keep in mind as you read his posts.)
- 10 Ways You Can Have Enough Money and Stuff @ Be More With Less. Courtney asked her readers what they would do if they “had enough.” Then she gave them ten ways to make that happen.
The Family CEO on Other Sites
- Four Ways to Invest in Real Estate (No Flipping Required!) @ Passive Family Income
- Seven Ways to Beat the Heat at Home @ PerkStreet Financial
Also, an article I wrote for Demand Media is now being featured on The Houston Chronicle’s website. You can read it here:
Happy Friday, everyone. Hope your 401(k) doesn’t end up looking too scary!